Subject: Re: SMP status
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org, gert@greenie.muc.de>
From: Gert Doering <gert@greenie.muc.de>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 08/26/2007 13:57:32
In muc.lists.netbsd.port.sparc64 Martin Husemann wrote:

>I think a -current GENERIC.MP kernel should be able to boot into
>single user shell on all supported machines.

Cool!

> Beware, it will crash soon if you do serious stuff ;-)

Well, even if it does, it will be much further than ever before... (last
test crashed at activation of second CPU).

>If you have a MP machine, it would be good if you could test this and
>tell me if it crashes before reaching the shell prompt.

I'll run some tests next week on my U60, and report back.  Right now,
I'm not at home and the machine in question is off and has no remote
serial console attached - so "no useful way to do remote testing".

gert
--
gert@greenie.muc.de   fax: +49-89-35655025   http://alpha.greenie.net/mgetty/

The person who considers five or six possible solutions to a problem is
more apt to find the right answer than the person who only considers one
or two.