Subject: Re: SMP status
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: Chris Ross <cross+netbsd@distal.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 08/25/2007 16:27:46
On Aug 25, 2007, at 3:47 PM, Martin Husemann wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I think a -current GENERIC.MP kernel should be able to boot into
> single user shell on all supported machines. Beware, it will crash
> soon if you do serious stuff ;-)
>
> If you have a MP machine, it would be good if you could test this and
> tell me if it crashes before reaching the shell prompt.

   Excellent!  I have a machine I was just thinking today I need to
move from "waiting to test more SMP code" to "replacement for a
production sparc64 UP machine" status.  I'm glad I postponed long
enough for at least one more round of testing.  :-)

   I have an Ultra 2 with a pair of UltraSPARC-I's in it, and I also
have a pair of UltraSPARC-II's (300Mhz) to swap into it.  So, I
should be able to provide tests on both.

   I'm updating my -current tree (which I don't tend to use much),
and will get a build done this evening.  Thanks much!!!

                                       - Chris