Subject: re: watchdog reset
To: Raymond Meyer <raymond.meyer@rambler.ru>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 08/09/2007 06:33:16
   Hi, I have Ultra 10 which used to work fine, but then started refusing
   to boot. I thought it was due to dead battery in nvram module, which is
   common for machines this old. I bought a new nvram module, set it to the
   previous host id, etc. I managed to boot the machine today a few times
   and then I started having the same problems. I doesn't boot, when I turn
   the power on and off repeatedly, sometimes it starts booting, but then I
   get the following on serial console before open boot diagnostic tests
   get a chance to complete:

   Watchdog Reset

   scrolling across the screen, and then if I turn power off and on, it
   doesn't even get that far, it just sits there.

   Any idea what's going on here?

sounds like the hardware has died :-(

i had a u10 in use the last ~2 years that died about a month ago.
i came home after a weekend away to a console full of SIR resets
and other badness and a fan running as fast as it could.  power
cycling gave a machine that after 2 times wouldn't even turn on.

.mrg.