Subject: watchdog reset
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: Raymond Meyer <raymond.meyer@rambler.ru>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 08/09/2007 00:15:19
Hi, I have Ultra 10 which used to work fine, but then started refusing
to boot. I thought it was due to dead battery in nvram module, which is
common for machines this old. I bought a new nvram module, set it to the
previous host id, etc. I managed to boot the machine today a few times
and then I started having the same problems. I doesn't boot, when I turn
the power on and off repeatedly, sometimes it starts booting, but then I
get the following on serial console before open boot diagnostic tests
get a chance to complete:

Watchdog Reset

scrolling across the screen, and then if I turn power off and on, it
doesn't even get that far, it just sits there.

Any idea what's going on here?