Subject: Re: Problems netbooting a sparc64
To: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.org.uk>
From: Chris Ross <cross+netbsd@distal.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 06/13/2007 08:38:49
On Jun 13, 2007, at 8:23 AM, Matthias Scheler wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 12, 2007 at 10:02:04AM -0400, Chris Ross wrote:
>>   Actually, bootp works just fine for getting the ofwboot image into
>> the machine.
>
> I see. I personally find a DHCP-only setup much more convenient.

   Well, it's not like I'm running a different server for bootp.
It's all just "DHCP without other crap", in effect.  Is there a way
to make ofwboot *not* use DHCP to get the info it needs if the OBP
already has?

> OBP 3.x should have support for DHCP.

   I've updated to 3.25, and will certainly try the "boot net:dhcp"
to see what it changes.

    Thanks all...

               - Chris