Subject: Re: Problems netbooting a sparc64
To: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.org.uk>
From: Chris Ross <cross+netbsd@distal.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 06/12/2007 10:02:04
Matthias Scheler wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 11, 2007 at 10:20:32AM -0400, Chris Ross wrote:
>>   But, this won't work.  It won't be able to find the server or root
>> path, since that's all in the dhcpd.conf on my DHCP server.
>
> You have to "boot net:dhcp" to use DHCP in OFW. But it might require
> a firmware update on such an old machine.

   Actually, bootp works just fine for getting the ofwboot image into
the machine.  It was just that ofwboot wasn't able to get an answer from
DHCP for a while because my cisco was taking too long to configure
itself.  This was fixed (by Julian's suggestion) by fixing the cisco to
disable a delay caused by spanning-tree.

   And, FWIW, I'm running OBP 3.11 on an Ultra Enterprise 2.  I should
look to see if there's something newer I can load.

                       - Chris