Subject: Re: multiprocessor sparc64
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: Chris Ross <cross@distal.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 06/11/2007 22:14:35
On Jun 11, 2007, at 12:16 PM, Chris Ross wrote:
>> Well, if you are able to use ddb, you can try ;-)

   Well, my first few attempts to do anything useful with ddb seem
fairly useless.  I tried getting backtrace information, which tends
to just give me nothing.  I tried starting with -d, so I could set up
a breakpoint, and while I think that worked (I got a "Trap 1"), I
could hardly do anything with ddb.  It seemed kinda out to lunch.
Maybe it was trying to run when a processor was only half up, as
that's where I put the breakpoint.

   Anyway.  If you had any suggestions, or just general pointers on
NetBSD/sparc/sparc64 kernel debugging, I'd be happy to hear them.
Thanks.

> root on AA.BB.CC.DD:/export/sparc64/nfsroot
> root file system type: nfs
> /etc/rc.conf is not configured.  Multiuser boot aborted.
> Enter pathname of shell or RETURN for /bin/sh:
>
> Then, I hit return, and get:
>
> trap typT 0x10: cpu 1, pc=1008e5c npc=1008e60 pstate=44820006<PRIV,IE>
> kernel trap 10: illegal instruction
> cpu0: kdb breakpoint at 1008ee4
> cpu0 paused.
> Stopped in pid 0.3 (system) at  0x1008e5c:      done
> db{1}>

   Interesting, if I boot again, I can [repeatedly] get it to produce
the following if I don't hit return.  It will prompt for me to enter
a shell, then in only a couple/few seconds panic:

Enter pathname of shell or RETURN for /bin/sh: panic: lockmgr: no