Subject: Re: Problems netbooting a sparc64
To: Julian Coleman <jdc@coris.org.uk>
From: Chris Ross <cross@distal.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 06/11/2007 11:28:18
On Jun 11, 2007, at 11:20 AM, Julian Coleman wrote:
> At a guess, the cisco runs spanning tree by default on all its
> interfaces.
> There will be a 30 second delay after the link changes to up before
> the port
> goes into the forwarding state, by which time the Sun has timed out
> (the link
> must be changing down then up during the boot process).

   Ahh!  Excellent.  Thank you.  I was looking for a way to disable
spanning-tree, but "no spanning-tree" didn't work, and I didn't
interpret "portfast" as the way to effectively disable that
behavior.  Thank you very much for your assistance.

   It's booting up the kernel, and the kernel is able to mount the
root filesystem (which required another flap and DHCP, of course).
Thanks!

   Now, would booting a GENERIC.MP kernel give me anything of
value?  ;-)  Is there anything useful I could provide to that effort
without spending days learning about the hard-core internals of UPA
and UltraSparc II processors?

                         - Chris