Subject: 4.99.16 (-current) panic
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: Gert Doering <gert@greenie.muc.de>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 04/08/2007 16:16:14
Hi,

I'm currently using 2.0.3 on my "mail server" Ultra5, and since it is
giving me problems with sendmail-milters (that I assume to be threading
bugs) I decided to give -current a try.

So I compiled a -current kernel today, and booted that - keeping the
2.0.3 userland for the time being.  Looked promising for about 2 hours,
then the machine panic'ed with the following messages:

------------ snip ------------
panic: vref used where vget required, vp 0xca8d2f0
Begin traceback...
End traceback...
------------ snip ------------

(Kernel compiled with DDB_ONPANIC=0, because I prefer auto-booting machines
to machines getting stuck on the serial console - which might not be
ideal in this specific case, I agree)

Nevertheless - from the message, I assume that this is something that
can be traced back to the offending line of code using "netbsd.map" for
that kernel.

If this is correct, how do I do that?  Where do I start reading...?

thanks in advance,

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
Gert Doering - Munich, Germany                             gert@greenie.muc.de