Subject: floppy driver
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org, port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: John Nemeth <jnemeth@victoria.tc.ca>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 03/29/2007 01:37:17
     As many of you know, I've been working on a new floppy driver for
sparc64.  It was originally based off the sparc floppy driver with
hints from OpenBSD on the sbus/ebus attachments.  It has a number of
bugs fixed including formatting.  It has been tested as a drop-in
replacement for the sparc floppy driver.

     At this point I have a couple of things I want to do.  I want to
merge the sparc and sparc64 floppy drivers, I want to split off the
back end that handles the chip and move that into /dev/ic, and I want
to pull up as much as I can to netbsd-4.  I'm looking for input on what
order to do things, i.e. do the pullups before or after the split; do
the merge before or after the split; fix the formatting issue in the
sparc floppy driver, do the pullups, and then do the merge; etc?