Subject: Re: SIR Reset with todays sources
To: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 02/23/2007 20:31:44
On Sat, Feb 24, 2007 at 06:13:10AM +1100, matthew green wrote:
> from this 'ok' prompt type 'ctrace' - it will give you the stack
> trace, including the offending pc...

Also, please check which of the following options you can add without
the problem going away: LOCKDEBUG, DEBUG, DIAGNOSTIC.

There are three new assembler routines, two of which are not used if
LOCKDEBUG is enabled. DEBUG adds some window handling changes, which could
hide bugs, and also DEBUG and DIAGNOSTIC (to different degrees) modify
the timing, which could affect race conditions.

One of my regular test machines is broken right now (disk to be replaced
on monday), the other one seems to work fine (it has just done a native
build.sh) - but maybe I'm lucky, or using some magic combination of options
that hides the bug.

Martin