Subject: Re: Bus errors on -current with certain X11 apps
To: Michael Lorenz <macallan@netbsd.org>
From: Michael-John Turner <mj@turner.org.za>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 12/28/2006 22:21:53
On Thu, Dec 28, 2006 at 03:06:04PM -0500, Michael Lorenz wrote:
> Which model do you have? I've seen this on an ffb2+ ( or vertical
> Creator3D ) and Jochen has a horizontal ffb1 IIRC.

I have a pair of vertical Creator3D v3s:
ffb0 at mainbus0 addr 0xfeb80000: Creator3D, model SUNW,501-4788, dac 10
ffb1 at mainbus0: Creator3D, model SUNW,501-4788, dac 10

Funny that you should mention horizonal ffb1 - I remember seeing some
"glitches" in the display when I had 3.0_BETA installed on my U1E with with
a Creator3D v1. I can dig it out for testing and install -current if
needed.

> Last time I played with this on sparc64 was before they switched to
> cairo.

I can't remember if my U10 had cairo working successfully - I think I last
did a large package build on it in July and it's currently powered off
(awaiting bigger disks) so I can't check right now.

> Gecko seems very prone to this, regular gtk2 and qt3 apps seem to catch
> this problem rarely if at all. I've yet to see a gtk1 app getting
> bitten by this.

Yeah, I never saw any issues with my U10 running a variety of GUI apps. I
have had the odd panic on my U2 when running apps using kernel threads (in
particular clamav) though, so I guess there are still one or two bugs in
that area.

-mj
--
Michael-John Turner | http://mjturner.net/