Subject: Support for the Sun 'Cassini' gigabit ethernet?
To: None <port-sparc64@NetBSD.org>
From: Michael-John Turner <mj@turner.org.za>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 12/12/2006 22:53:05
Hi all,

My U60 running -current (4.99.4) has a Sun 'Cassini' PCI ethernet card
that's not currently supported.

The kernel identifies it as:
Sun Microsystems product 0xabba (ethernet network, revision 0x20) at pci1 dev 0 function 0 not configured
Not sure if someone at Sun likes a certain Swedish pop group... :P

Looking at my FreeBSD and OpenBSD source trees, it seems that neither of
them have a driver. Linux has one that's based in large part on their
gem(4) driver.

If anyone feels like working on the driver, I have no problem loaning them
my card. Any takers? Alternatively, if someone feels like mentoring me in
trying to hack the gem(4) driver into shape, I'd be prepared to give it a
bash.

-mj
--
Michael-John Turner | http://mjturner.net/