Subject: Re: Problem with Snmp
To: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.org.uk>
From: Vicky Staubly <vicky@steeds.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 12/11/2006 15:20:24
On Mon, 11 Dec 2006, Matthias Scheler wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 11, 2006 at 05:32:32PM -0200, Marcos Onisto wrote:
>> That's it! I only ask because i cant see something like this on the
>> /etc/default/rc.conf and any other place.
>
> "/etc/default/rc.conf" only contains settings for things which are
> distributed with the NetBSD base distribution.

To expand a bit more, if you look in the rc script which gets
installed with the package (I guess /etc/rc.d/snmpd in your case),
you should see something like this at the beginning of the file:

name="snmpd"
rcvar=$name

The "rcvar" should be the name of the variable which you need to
set to "yes" in your /etc/rc.conf file.

--
Vicky Staubly       http://www.steeds.com/vicky/        vicky@steeds.com