Subject: Re: Problem with Snmp
To: None <port-sparc64@NetBSD.org>
From: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.org.uk>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 12/11/2006 13:13:54
On Mon, Dec 11, 2006 at 10:31:20AM -0200, Marcos Onisto wrote:
> I have a problem. I didn?t get install the net-snmp package for the
> basic command that follow below, anyway I took the generic package
> net-snmp.tar.gz source code. I got to compile it without errors, but
> when I try to start up this service, It's start for few seconds and
> stop. I dont know what exactly happen.

"net-snmp" has a lot of bugs on 64bit platforms which "pkgsrc" has
fixed for. If you can't find a NetBSD binary package for it you could
simply build it via "pkgsrc" like this:

cd pkgsrc/net/net-snmp
make install

> I need to put in some settings in the config file rc.conf ?

Self built software isn't magically supported by NetBSD's startup scripts.

> # PKG_PATH=ftp://ftp.NetBSD.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/3.1/sparc64/All
> # export PKG_PATH
> # pkg_add -v net-snmp

Assuming you are using NetBSD 3.0.x or 3.1 try this, please:

PKG_PATH=ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages-2006Q3/NetBSD-3.0/sparc64
export PKG_PATH
pkg_add -v net-snmp

> I got a problem, the installation protest about the version of sparc64
> that there isn't.

I don't understand that sentence.

	Kind regards