Subject: rndc setup on NetBSD 3.1 for sparc64
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon@widomaker.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 12/04/2006 18:07:23
I just installed NetBSD 3.1 sparc64 on an Ultra 1 to replace NetBSD
1.6.2 on an older Sun SS5.

Flawless install and setup as usual, except for bind v9.

It failed with missing rndc keys. In the past I never had to
specifically configure ndc support in bind v8, and I think it should be
automatic in NetBSD 3.1 but is failing on my machine.

I started a manual configuration of rndc and discovered that rndc-config
runs, but then hangs in a select() call. In fact, nothing about this
command works, even after I created a fake key just to get bind up and
running.

I assume that's why bind setup failed, and I'd like to debug the problem
and get it fixed.

First of all, I didn't find any bug reports of this problem, so should I
assume that rndc-config is expected to work on the sparc64 port?

If it is, then I need to debug this, and I'd appreciate any pointers.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["Castles are sacked in war, Chieftains are
scattered far, Truth is a fixed star, Eileen aroon!" -- Gerald Griffin]