Subject: Re: Creative use of Raidframe
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org, port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Christopher Sean Hilton <chris@vindaloo.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 11/22/2006 16:42:33
On Wed, 2006-11-22 at 13:23 -0500, Christopher Sean Hilton wrote:

> P.S. In writing this letter I realized that one better way to do this
> may be to setup:
>
>      raid0 = mirror(sd1e, sd2e)
>      raid1 = mirror(sd3e, sd4e)
>      raid2 = stripe(raid0, raid1)
>
> I plan to try that right now.

I've setup that configuration and it took a lot less time to initialize.
Initializing raid0 and raid1 took about 1hr apiece. I had to do it
serially because trying to do both at once drove the load average on my
poor e250 to 6.52... If you are thinking about trying to get some
redundancy using raid frame then my meager experience would suggests
that RAID 1+0 is a better choice than RAID 0+1

-- Chris