Subject: Re: e450 as a modern server
To: Miles Nordin <carton@Ivy.NET>
From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 10/31/2006 08:49:32
On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 19:17:06 -0500
Miles Nordin <carton@Ivy.NET> wrote:

>     jk> I use LFS (Log-structured File System) on my U10 with great
>     jk> success.
> on sparc64?=20
Yes.

> that's good.  for how long have you used it without
> kernel panics and/or fsck_lfs processes that consume unreasonable
> amounts of memory and then die with no error message?=20
I had no LFS related problems.

> Do you use it
> for /usr and homedirs, or just as an objdir scratch space for doing
> builds of NetBSD over and over?  That's pretty significant if it works
> well now.
I use it for /usr and for a scratch area. I did "bad" things like
building lots of pkgsrc on LFS or filling the partition over 95%. It
still worked.

LFS got some real improvements in the last months. It really looks like
is is now usable. (In -current.)
--=20

tsch=FC=DF,
       Jochen