Subject: Re: e450 as a modern server
To: Miles Nordin <carton@Ivy.NET>
From: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 10/31/2006 02:05:17
Miles Nordin wrote:
> that's disappointing about sybase playing the same
> what-they-think-the-customer-can-bear game as wolfram.  sounds like
> they risk pricing themselves into the stone age like the Lisp
> companies.

  So sad that the stupidity of those suitly types can ruin good stuff.

  On that topic, there's an effort underway to get OpenGenera released
as open-source software, after having spent so long at an
asstronomically high price that it totally left the realm of relevancy.

  I typoed "astronomically" above with two "s", and decided it was
actually a better fit so I left it. ;)

           -Dave

--
Dave McGuire