Subject: Re: `__gxx_personality_v0'
To: None <mcesare@nc.rr.com>
From: Johan A.van Zanten <johan@giantfoo.org>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 10/24/2006 05:26:51
"Mark Cesare" <mcesare@nc.rr.com> wrote:
> All,
>
> I have a fresh install of NetBSD 3.0.1 on an Ultra10.
>
> A simple program gives me a strange error. I assume its somthing very simple
> (I've checked for a ";" several times)
>
> A search of NerBSD.org was empty but there is a few hits on Google mostly
> Mac related. Any ideas ???
>
> error and code below...
>
> Mark C
>

> ultra10: {1} gcc program1.cc
> /var/tmp//ccU1Iy0a.o(.eh_frame+0x11): undefined reference to
> `__gxx_personality_v0'
> ultra10: {2} cat program1.cc
> #include <stdio.h>
>
> main() {
>         printf("Hello. This is a test.\n");
> }
> ultra10: {3}

 I suspect you are confusing gcc by telling it (a C compiler) to assume
that the source files are C++ source because their names end in ".cc" as opposed
to ".c".

 I don't think it's an issue with NetBSD.

 This following URL was the fourth link on the first page of Google
results for "__gxx_personality_v0":

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-help/2002-09/msg00103.html

 -johan