Subject: Re: floppy support
To: Miod Vallat <miod@online.fr>
From: John Nemeth <jnemeth@victoria.tc.ca>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 10/08/2006 00:11:12
On Jan 23,  1:09am, Miod Vallat wrote:
}
} >      I have committed initial support for floppy drives.  The code has
} > been working on my Ultra 2 for some time now.  Unfortunately, the ebus
} > support doesn't work and I don't have hardware.  If anybody can help
} > with testing and fixing ebus support, that would be great.
}
} fdc@ebus needs more work, as DMA is done completely differently than
} for fdc@sbus. This is why the fdc@ebus attachment is commented out - I
} never got to finish it.

     It doesn't do real DMA, it just copies bytes when asked.  The ebus
bus_space code on NetBSD is considerably different then the code on
OpenBSD, so I only used the OpenBSD ebus attachment code to get some
hints since I couldn't use it directly.  Current reports are that the
NetBSD ebus driver finds and attaches devices, but that the interrupt
handler isn't called.  It seems that there is some kind of problem with
setting up the interrupt hooks.  Once that problem is solved, it should
work hopefully.

}-- End of excerpt from Miod Vallat