Subject: Re: floppy support
To: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
From: John Nemeth <jnemeth@victoria.tc.ca>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 10/06/2006 12:16:25
On Feb 26, 11:57am, Jochen Kunz wrote:
} On Fri, 6 Oct 2006 01:54:36 -0700 jnemeth@victoria.tc.ca (John Nemeth) wrote:
}
} >      I have committed initial support for floppy drives.  The code has
} > been working on my Ultra 2 for some time now.  Unfortunately, the ebus
} > support doesn't work and I don't have hardware.  If anybody can help
} > with testing and fixing ebus support, that would be great.
} I have a spare Ultra10 that I can use for tests.
} cvs update is already running.
} What needs to be done for ebus?

     First uncomment the "fdc0 at ebus?" line and build a kernel.
After that, test and debug.  The report I have, said that the
controller attaches but the drive fails to attach.  I based the ebus
attachment on another NetBSD driver (I think it was auxio) and the
OpenBSD floppy driver (their ebus code is considerably different then
ours so I couldn't port the ebus attachment directly).  Thanks for
taking a look at this.  Please let me know what you find.

}-- End of excerpt from Jochen Kunz