Subject: Re: Building NetBSD release on Solaris
To: Robin-David Hammond%KB3IEN <netbsd.sparc@kb3ien.us>
From: Raymond Meyer <raymond.meyer@rambler.ru>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 09/22/2006 02:19:32
On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 17:31:51 +0000 (UTC)
Robin-David Hammond %KB3IEN <netbsd.sparc@kb3ien.us> wrote:

> Really sounds like a good idea, but what was the verdict, is is buildable?
>
> Robin-David Hammond     KB3IEN

Yes, I built a complete release of NetBSD on SPARC Solaris. You need to
implement a few workarounds, like setting correct PATH and making an awk
symlink that points to nawk, etc. So the first step would be bootstrapping
pkgsrc on Solaris, as it contains useful utilities needed for building NetBSD,
then you can build a release.

I'm documenting everything as I go. I just need to host my website somewhere so
that everyone could read it. At some point I'll come round to finding a decent
hosting provider...