Subject: Re: Building NetBSD release on Solaris
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: Raymond Meyer <raymond.meyer@rambler.ru>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 09/16/2006 13:05:20
On Sat, 16 Sep 2006 10:21:50 +0200
Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de> wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 16, 2006 at 02:30:21AM +0100, Raymond Meyer wrote:
> > /opt/tools.sparc/bin/nbfgen: undefined token `sbsize'
>
> This should have been generated by genassym - maybe a broken version is
> left over from your earlier tries with the other awk?
>
> Martin

OK, I'll look into it. Once I can get it to build without errors, I'd like to
see if I can use GCC for Sparc Systems compiler to build NetBSD release.

http://cooltools.sunsource.net/gcc/index.html

GCC for Sparc Systems is a GCC compiler that has been modified by Sun to use
the optimizing Sun Code Generator, which in theory should produce faster
binaries for Sparc platform.

Maybe I could build tools and then create symlinks or GCC wrapper scripts that
invoke Sun's GCC.