Subject: Re: free Sun SBus cards & parts, some Sun RAM
To: None <port-sparc64@NetBSD.org>
From: Geoff Adams <gadams@avernus.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 08/17/2006 00:24:20
On 17 Aug 2006, at 12:08 AM, Garrett D'Amore wrote:

> That sounds about right.  Maybe there is a VME 10BaseT NIC out there?

As der Mouse said, 10 mbit Ethernet, yes, but not 10base-T
specifically. But that's just fine; 10base-T transceivers to connect
to the AUI port on the VME card are really easy to come by on the
second (9th?) hand market. Probably for free. In fact, I'm in
Maryland. I'll give you one for that sun2. :)

I also might have a sun2 monitor lying around somewhere. (As I
recall, they're electrically different from the later sun3 B&W
monitors.)

I find it mildly amusing that this discussion has been taken up on
port-sparc64, about the furthest one can get from sun2s, and not port-
sparc, which is different, but theoretically closer. :-)

- Geoff