Subject: Re: free Sun SBus cards & parts, some Sun RAM
To: None <sr@genyosha.net, rjs@fdy2.demon.co.uk, port-sparc@NetBSD.org,>
From: Robin-David Hammond%KB3IEN <rhammond@databit7.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 08/16/2006 21:14:37
I have 3 sun2s (motorola 68010+sun_fpu) in a lab in maryland that I hope
to test/explore/port zebra, etc on in the comming weeks.

The all have integrated nics (AUI) But i think i would have an easier time
if they also had nic to play with, separate than the one  that is
running the nfs clients. ( i expect to neboot the whole thing.)

I think the sun2's use 30 pin memory. And are maxed out, but if you have
any 10baseT nics that would be handy.

On Tue, 15 Aug 2006, Robert Swindells wrote:

> Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 00:48:27 +0100 (BST)
> From: Robert Swindells <rjs@fdy2.demon.co.uk>
> To: sr@genyosha.net
> Cc: port-sparc@NetBSD.org, port-sparc64@NetBSD.org
> Subject: Re: free Sun SBus cards & parts, some Sun RAM
>

> Steve Rikli wrote:
>> I'm cleaning out some Sun SBus & RAM spare parts -- preference goes
>> to anyone who would use the stuff for the benefit of the NetBSD
>> community.
>
>> All I ask in return is repayment for shipping.  The hardware is
>> presently located in Silicon Valley, CA, USA.
>
>> I have at least 1, sometimes a couple, of each of these:
>
> [snip]
>
>> - "ge", Sun part# 501-4375
>
> This shouldn't be too hard to support. We just lack a sbus attachment for
> the gem driver.
>
> I have got one of the 1000B-SX (fibre) variants with a view to doing
> some work on the driver. It might be helpful to know who takes your
> card(s?).
>
> [snip]
>
>> Lastly for now, I have a handful of the Ultra1 plastic disk drive
>> brackets -- Sun part# 540-2782 -- which can also be made to work
>> in Ultra2 AFAI can tell.  Empty though -- no drives.  ;-)
>
> I have swapped drives between a U1 and U2, works fine.
>
> Robert Swindells

Robin-David Hammond     KB3IEN
+1 347 350 34 00