Subject: PS2 Keyboard Issue
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: Matthew Smith <matt@kbc.net.au>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 08/11/2006 08:37:09
Hi

In my attempts to put "anything but Solaris 9" on my old Ultrasparc box,
NetBSD looks to be the most stable and straight-forward option.  (Won't
run Solaris 10, major headaches with Silo on Gentoo Linux.)

However, less than a minute after boot, I have run into a problem.  This
machine has two keyboard sockets - Sun and PS/2.  I only have a PS/2
keyboard; when asked to select a keyboard layout, NO keys are
recognised, although OpenBoot is quite happy to recognise the keyboard.

Is there an easy way around this, or do I need to do my installation
sans-keyboard, over a serial connection?  Thought I'd ask before I go
soldering up a splitter cable ;-)

Cheers

Matthew Smith
IT Consultancy & Web Application Development
Business: http://www.kbc.net.au/
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/smiffy
WebLog:   http://www.smiffysplace.com/blog/