Subject: what's new in 4.0
To: NetBSD/sparc64 <port-sparc64@NetBSD.org>
From: Joel CARNAT <joel@carnat.net>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 08/01/2006 17:38:14
--4Ckj6UjgE2iN1+kY

Hi,

I'm wondering if it is worth upgrading my Ultra5 from 3.0_STABLE to
-HEAD ? My machine only runs a few common things (postfix,
lighttp, php, courier-imap).

According to http://www.netbsd.org/Changes/changes-4.0.html#port-sparc64
there is nothing worth upgrading. I'm not talking about external
software upgrades (like bind, postfix, pf or such) but more about
internal solved issues (like the good old "freeze" or thread issue).

I'm wondering if the GCC upgrade (to v4) is enough to justify the
upgrade. Anyone seen it boosting sparc64 binaries ?

TIA,
	Jo

--4Ckj6UjgE2iN1+kY

--4Ckj6UjgE2iN1+kY--