Subject: Re: NetBSD-current disklabel problems
To: Raymond Meyer <raymond.meyer@rambler.ru>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 07/17/2006 22:34:55
On Fri, Jul 07, 2006 at 12:24:22PM +0100, Raymond Meyer wrote:

> I did zero the first few sectors, still the same problem, so I exited into
> command line and ran:
>
> disklabel -w -r -f /tmp/disktab sd0 'mydisk'
>
> this gave me "input/output error"

If this is from current, try giving disklabel a few -v options.
It might tell you more about what it is doing.

> Also back space key does not work in sysinstall, after much time wasting I
> discovered something like CTRL-H would do what back space was supposed to do.

Well, CTRL-H is 'backspace' so it isn't surprising!
We can argue all day as to whether the default for 'stty erase' should be
backspace or del.

sysinst treats KEY_BACKSPACE, 'h' & 0x1f and 0x7f equivalently.

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk