Subject: Re: XFree86-4.6.0 on Solaris
To: None <port-sparc64@NetBSD.org>
From: Raymond Meyer <raymond.meyer@rambler.ru>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 07/17/2006 13:01:54
Hi, well I've managed to build XFree86-4.6.0 with gcc on Sparc Solaris by hand,
using sunffb drivers from NetBSD's X11 tree. I'm pleased to say the
acceleration and performance of GTK2 applications is much better now, compared
to Sun's Xserver. I noticed the following error in the log file:

(WW) Symbol xf86CreateI2CBusRec from
module /opt/pkg/xfree86/lib/modules/drivers/sunffb_drv.o is unresolved! (WW)
Symbol xf86I2CBusInit from
module /opt/pkg/xfree86/lib/modules/drivers/sunffb_drv.o is unresolved! (WW)
Symbol xf86CreateCursorInfoRec from
module /opt/pkg/xfree86/lib/modules/drivers/sunffb_drv.o is unresolved! (WW)
Symbol xf86InitCursor from
module /opt/pkg/xfree86/lib/modules/drivers/sunffb_drv.o is unresolved!

What do those functions do, does it inhibit the  performance if those symbols
cannot be resolved?