Subject: Re: XFree86-4.6.0 on Solaris
To: None <port-sparc64@NetBSD.org>
From: Raymond Meyer <raymond.meyer@rambler.ru>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 07/15/2006 20:05:30
Hi, I did manage to build meta-pkgs/xorg on Sparc Solaris.
I copied sunffb directory from NetBSD's X11 tree into my local tree and built the
driver. When I run 'X -configure' the Xserver tries to load the driver, but then it
gives the following error message.

Couldn't open RGB_DB '/opt/pkg/xorg/lib/X11/rgb'
List of video drivers:
        sunffb
ld.so.1: Xorg: fatal: relocation error: file /opt/pkg/xorg/lib/modules/drivers/sunffb_drv.so: symbol xf86MatchSbusInstances: referenced symbol not found

[root@ultra10] file sunffb_drv.so
sunffb_drv.so:  ELF 32-bit MSB dynamic lib SPARC32PLUS Version 1, V8+ Required, dynamically linked, not stripped
[root@ultra10] ldd sunffb_drv.so
        libcfb.so =>     (file not found)
        libcfb32.so =>   (file not found)
        libmfb.so =>     (file not found)

Looks like the share libs are not found, they are actually located under

/opt/pkg/xorg/lib/modules

Could that be the problem?