Subject: Re: PGX64 in a PC
To: None <joel@carnat.net>
From: Garrett D'Amore <garrett_damore@tadpole.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 07/15/2006 08:19:00
Joel CARNAT wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I pluggued my SUN PGX64 into a PC this morning and the PC won't start
> anymore. The card is working great on a Ultra10 so I know the card is
> OK. As I already pluggued quite a few PCI PC cards into my U10, I'm
> wondering what would make the PGX64 not-PC compatible ?
>
> Any clue ?
> TIA,
> 	Jo

Video graphics cards are "special".  If your card claims to be a VGA
adapter but lacks system BIOS (typically having OpenBoot code in the
case of a Sun board), then it probably won't work with a lot of PCs.

If you have an onboard graphics controller, try using BIOS to set the
onboard controller as the primary controller.

General Dynamics C4 Systems
http://www.tadpolecomputer.com/
Phone: 951 325-2134  Fax: 951 325-2191