Subject: XFree86-4.6.0 on Solaris
To: None <port-sparc64@NetBSD.org>
From: Raymond Meyer <raymond.meyer@rambler.ru>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 07/14/2006 00:45:58
Hi, I noticed xfree86.org have XFree86-4.6.0 binaries for Sparc Solaris. I'm
running Solaris 10 on Ultra10 and GTK2 applications are dog slow because I
think Sun's Xserver lacks support for Xrender extension, or something like
that. So I'm in the process of building XFree86-4.6.0 and hoping that sunffb
driver will work pretty well with Creator3d. I tried building Xorg, but it
didn't quite work out right.

Could someone tell me what driver enhancements does NetBSD's XFree86 version
has, that is not present in the stock XFree86-4.6.0? Also, how easy would it be
to add those enhancements, is it just the matter of applying a few patches or
copying some files across?

Thanks.