Subject: Re: NetBSD-current disklabel problems
To: Raymond Meyer <raymond.meyer@rambler.ru>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 07/07/2006 13:46:00
On Fri, Jul 07, 2006 at 12:24:22PM +0100, Raymond Meyer wrote:
> Once I labeled the disk and started installing, I was dropped into kernel
> debugger during the extaction of the first set, so haven't made much progress.

You have a real recent -current and this is installing from CD?

There are alignment bugs uncovered by gcc4.1 in most file systems, they
get especially likely on install kernels (compiled with -Os). Tmpfs and
cd9660 are known to show this problem.

A fix is in progress, but will take a few more days.

Can you file a PR for your disklabel problem please?

Martin