Subject: Re: openafs on netbsd/sparc64?
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: Sean Caron <caron.sean@gmail.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 06/07/2006 09:30:57
------=_Part_1464_27469130.1149687057317

Thanks for all the interesting responses!

I actually went back and figured out what the heck I was doing wrong with
CODA and have that up and running now on my network successfully and I'm
quite pleased with it so far. I'll stick to wrangling AFS while at work :)

So, if anyone is ever in the same position as I -- I would recommend CODA
highly as both the client and server for NetBSD/sparc[64] work well and it
is capable of providing much of the benefit of AFS -- if not providing
additional functionality for, e.g. disconnected operation (though I haven't
really tried that out yet).

I do appreciate the discussion, though -- your replies made for interesting
reads as, even though I have CODA now up and running, the prospect of AFS
running on NetBSD/sparc someday is always interesting to me (I love the
SPARC hardware and will only stop using it on my network kicking and
screaming, whenever Sun gives up SPARC).

>> On a side note, I will be at the 2006 AFS and Kerberos Best Practices
>> Workshop [1] in Ann Arbor next week and would love to chat with any
>> people interested in AFS and NetBSD in the area.

I actually live in Ann Arbor and work as a sysadmin for U-M.. I heard about
that workshop and wanted to check it out, but couldn't really afford it. :)
Sounds like an interesting time, though. Maybe next year...

Regards, Sean
scaron@umich.edu
scaron@diablonet.net

------=_Part_1464_27469130.1149687057317

Thanks for all the interesting responses!<br><br>I actually went back and figured out what the heck I was doing wrong with CODA and have that up and running now on my network successfully and I'm quite pleased with it so far. I'll stick to wrangling AFS while at work :)
e.g. disconnected operation (though I haven't really tried that out yet). <br><br>I do appreciate the discussion, though -- your replies made for interesting reads as, even though I have CODA now up and running, the prospect of AFS running on NetBSD/sparc someday is always interesting to me (I love the SPARC hardware and will only stop using it on my network kicking and screaming, whenever Sun gives up SPARC).

------=_Part_1464_27469130.1149687057317--