Subject: Request HW Compatibility Ultra 10 and new HD
To: None <port-sparc64@NetBSD.org>
From: Edward M. Roche <edwardmroche@gmail.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 05/19/2006 19:10:29
-- On Fri, 19 May 2006 02:31:19 +0000 (UTC) Edward M.Roche wrote:

> Hello.
> I've been using an old version of suse on a Sun Ultra 10
> workstation.
> The machine is used lightly, primarily as a web and mail
> server. Recently, however, I've notice a sector problem
> with the hard disk. It now will fail approximately every
> 3-4 months. So my question is:
> 1/ Will NetBSD work for the Ultra 10 sparc?
> 2/ It is complicated/possible to change out the hard disk
> [put in something with larger capacity], and have NetBSD
> easily accommodate/format it?
> I'm sorry for the unsophisticated question, but I'm not a
> technolgy person, but would greatly appreciate any advice
> [reading matter] you can help/point me to.

Hello,

I believe that answer on both you question is "yes", but unfortunately
can't say more beacuse I'm not a SPARC-guru, sorry (you have contacted
www team). Could you direct your questions to port-sparc64@NetBSD.org
maillist [1], please? This mailing list was specially created for
owners of UltraSPARC-based systems.

Thanks you for interest in NetBSD and good luck!

Edward M. Roche
Email: emr96@columbia.edu