Subject: Re: DEFPA-DA FDDI on NetBSD/sparc64?
To: None <port-sparc64@NetBSD.org>
From: Geoff Adams <gadams@avernus.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 05/10/2006 00:22:20
On 10 May 2006, at 12:17 AM, Geoff Adams wrote:

> I noticed that with the FDDI interfaces in my Alphas, and fixed it
> a couple years ago. My fix was modified, and sent off to the
> libpcap source tree, and should be in src/lib/libpcap/pcap-bpf.c
> rev 1.16 (see bin/28531). But sure enough, it still doesn't work in
> -current. I'll look into that and see if I can figure out what's
> wrong. (Up 'till now, I'd still been running with my local patch.)

OK, I take that back. When rev 1.16 of src/lib/libpcap/pcap-bpf.c was
committed a couple months ago, it of course broke my local patch, so
it looked to me like it wasn't working in -current. However, sine
this fix has been pulled into the NetBSD-current source tree, tcpdump
now works with FDDI cards. Give it a try!

- Geoff