Subject: Re: Firefox on Ultra5 (sparc-current) - getting closer?
From: Julian Coleman <jdc@coris.org.uk>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 04/30/2006 10:46:26
> Thanks for the tip. With gcc34-3.4.6 installed I am getting the
> following compiler error with pkgsrc/www/firefox:

> xptcinvoke_sparc64_netbsd.cpp:28:2: #error "This code is for Sparc64 only"

> Is there a make option I can use when 'make install'ing this so it
> doesn't use the sparc64 dependency bit? Or is that necessary?

That's a good question.  I'd have thought that it would use sparc rather
than sparc64, seeing as you're running a sparc system.  Is it easy to
spot where it decides which file to compile based on architecture and
see why it's choosing sparc64?

  My other computer also runs NetBSD    /        Sailing at Newbiggin
        http://www.netbsd.org/        /   http://www.newbigginsailingclub.org/