Subject: Re: u10 dont want to boot NetBSD 3 Install kernel
To: Miles Nordin <carton@Ivy.NET>
From: Volker A. Brandt <vab@bb-c.de>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 04/27/2006 18:19:09
> I haven't found any problems booting with old PROM versions on the
> ultra 5/10.  I upgraded mine because of some intermittent ecache (L2
> cache?) panic that I don't know if the PROM helped or not, but there
> was some changelog about memory timings, and in at least 178 days no
> more ecache panic.  If you'd like to try a new one, here it is:
>
>  ftp://castrovalva.ivy.net/pub/carton/openboot-106121-18.zip

Please don't rehost their patches, they don't like it.  Here are the
links:

Ultra5/10:

  http://sunsolve.sun.com/private-cgi/pdownload.pl?target=106121-18&method=h

AXi UltraSparcIIi:

  http://sunsolve.sun.com/private-cgi/pdownload.pl?target=116753-01&method=h

Note that the OP had an AXi SMC OEM board, this is *not* the same
as an Ultra5/10.  (I think; I discarded the original mail).

HTH -- Volker
Volker A. Brandt                  Consulting and Support for Sun Solaris
Brandt & Brandt Computer GmbH              WWW: http://www.bb-c.de/~vab/
Meckenheim, Germany                                   Email: vab@bb-c.de