Subject: Re: Ultra Enterprise 450 install
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: Sean Caron <caron.sean@gmail.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 04/24/2006 15:47:56
------=_Part_377_17669852.1145908076945

I've never found a terminal emulator that could step with the real thing..
Go dig
a DEC VTxxx series out of your nearest dumpster and you'll never have
console
problems again.

~s

On 4/24/06, Michael-John Turner <mj@turner.org.za> wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 23, 2006 at 10:03:16PM -0400, Christopher Sean Hilton wrote:
> > Any ideas? I'm hoping that this is just something silly that I don't
> > understand about E450s.
>
> I've never seen such behaviour when using a keyboard attached to a
> machine,
> but perhaps that's because I almost always do installations via serial
> console.  I've seen the behaviour you describe, but only when using an
> incorrectly wired serial cable installing OpenBSD/hppa (installation
> kernel
> would boot, but the kernel wouldn't accept any serial console input).
>
> Perhaps give serial console another go - set your terminal program to
> 96008N1 and you should be able to connect. I've had good results using
> minicom, but cu will also work fine.
>
> -mj
> --
> Michael-John Turner | http://weblogs.turner.org.za/mj/
> mj@turner.org.za    | Open Source in WC ZA - http://www.clug.org.za/

------=_Part_377_17669852.1145908076945

I've never found a terminal emulator that could step with the real thing.. =
Go dig<br>
a DEC VTxxx series out of your nearest dumpster and you'll never have conso=
le<br>
problems again.<br>
ndername">Michael-John Turner</b> &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:mj@turner.org.za">m=
j@turner.org.za</a>&gt; wrote:</span><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" styl=
e=3D"border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; =
padding-left: 1ex;">
On Sun, Apr 23, 2006 at 10:03:16PM -0400, Christopher Sean Hilton wrote:<br=
>&gt; Any ideas? I'm hoping that this is just something silly that I don't<=
br>&gt; understand about E450s.<br><br>I've never seen such behaviour when =
using a keyboard attached to a machine,
br>console.&nbsp;&nbsp;I've seen the behaviour you describe, but only when =
using an<br>incorrectly wired serial cable installing OpenBSD/hppa (install=
ation kernel
r><br>Perhaps give serial console another go - set your terminal program to=
urner | <a href=3D"http://weblogs.turner.org.za/mj/">http://weblogs.turner.=
org.za/mj/</a><br><a href=3D"mailto:mj@turner.org.za">mj@turner.org.za</a>&=
nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;| Open Source in WC ZA -=20
uote></div><br>

------=_Part_377_17669852.1145908076945--