Subject: Re: Ultra Enterprise 450 install
To: Christopher Sean Hilton <chilton@vindaloo.com>
From: Michael-John Turner <mj@turner.org.za>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 04/24/2006 21:44:22
On Sun, Apr 23, 2006 at 10:03:16PM -0400, Christopher Sean Hilton wrote:
> Any ideas? I'm hoping that this is just something silly that I don't
> understand about E450s.

I've never seen such behaviour when using a keyboard attached to a machine,
but perhaps that's because I almost always do installations via serial
console.  I've seen the behaviour you describe, but only when using an
incorrectly wired serial cable installing OpenBSD/hppa (installation kernel
would boot, but the kernel wouldn't accept any serial console input).

Perhaps give serial console another go - set your terminal program to
96008N1 and you should be able to connect. I've had good results using
minicom, but cu will also work fine.

-mj
--
Michael-John Turner | http://weblogs.turner.org.za/mj/