Subject: Re: Sun Blade 100 and NetBSD
To: Sridhar Ayengar <ploopster@gmail.com>
From: Michael-John Turner <mj@turner.org.za>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 04/24/2006 09:00:50
On Mon, Apr 24, 2006 at 01:18:41AM -0400, Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
> Before, I would get random hangs while sysinst was unpacking the
> tarballs.  Now I can't even get sysinst to come up.  The system is
> hanging up at:
>
> root file system type: ffs

I had a similar problem on a SPARCstation 10 which was caused by faulty RAM
(the machine would panic when untarring the sets). Can you try a boot with
diagnostics on? Perhaps that'll point to a faulty SIMM (a fault that isn't
tickled by Solaris 10).

I do remember issues with NetBSD on Blade 100s with certain PROM versions,
but I don't think they prevented installation, only the use of USB
keyboards and mice.

-mj
--
Michael-John Turner | http://weblogs.turner.org.za/mj/