Subject: 32Bit kernels
To: None <port-sparc64@NetBSD.org>
From: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.org.uk>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 04/13/2006 22:35:58
	Hello,

the kernel configuration "GENERIC32" contains the following line:

options		EXEC_ELF32	# Exec module for SunOS 5.x binaries.

I commented it out because I don't need SunOS 5.x compability. Building
that kernel worked fine but it could not execute any NetBSD-sparc binaries.
After readding that option it works fine. Is that comment incorrect or
is my kernel configuration broken in some aspect? It is definitely
a 32Bit binary ...

voyager# file /netbsd32
/netbsd32: ELF 32-bit MSB executable, SPARC32PLUS, V8+ Required, Sun UltraSPARC1 Extensions Required, version 1 (SYSV), statically linked, not stripped

... but "uname -m" reports "sparc64" ("uname -p" reports "sparc").

	Kind regards

--
Matthias Scheler                                  http://scheler.de/~matthias/