Subject: Re: Comments on new File server
To: None <steven_grunza@ieee.org>
From: Michael-John Turner <mj@turner.org.za>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 04/12/2006 10:23:13
On Tue, Apr 11, 2006 at 10:08:36PM -0500, Steven Grunza wrote:
> Any suggestions or comments about stability of NetBSD on Ultra 10?

I've had good results with my Ultra 5 (which uses the same motherboard as the
Ultra 10), running 3.0_BETA and now -current. I don't use the onboard IDE,
which is slow, but rather a Symbios 875-based SCSI card (which can be
picked up pretty cheaply on eBay). I think there are still one or two
issues with applications that use kernel threads (as Michael Lorenz
mentioned), but I haven't encountered any of them (perhaps due to the
mainly workstation-type applications I run on the machine).

-mj
--
Michael-John Turner | http://weblogs.turner.org.za/mj/
mj@turner.org.za    | Open Source in WC ZA - http://www.clug.org.za/