Subject: 3ware controllers (twe) on Sparc64?
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: Gert Doering <gert@greenie.muc.de>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 03/19/2006 16:59:48
Hi,

(sorry for duplicate e-mails - I accidently sent this to port-sparc first,
realizing my mistake the moment I pressed <return>...)

I'm planning to add a PCI->SATA controller to my U5.  At work, we've
are successfully using 3ware controllers on Linux and FreeBSD.

I see that there is a "twe" driver for this controller series in NetBSD,
which is listed in the GENERIC file for i386, amd64, and hp700 (-current).

I interpret the fact that hp700 lists it as "it's sufficiently generic
to run in non-intel systems".

Any experience with these beasts in Sparc64 PCI systems?

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
Gert Doering - Munich, Germany                             gert@greenie.muc.de
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert@net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de