Subject: help me choose a sunblade :)
To: NetBSD/sparc64 <port-sparc64@NetBSD.org>
From: Joel CARNAT <joel@carnat.net>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 02/11/2006 21:17:19
--s/l3CgOIzMHHjg/5

Hi,

to be used as a remote workstation (I mean the machine will be headless,
serial console and I will connect to it via xdm), what is worth :

* sunblade 150 / 650 MHz / 1Go RAM
* sunblade 100 / 500 MHz / 512Mo RAM

the machine would be a "standard" workstation - xfce4 or fvwm2 / firefox
or links / thunderbird or mutt / a bit of gimp / much of gqview, rox,
album.

the blade 150 is more than twice the price the blade 100.
that's why I'd like to know if the 150Mhz CPU diff and 512Mo of more RAM would
make a real difference ; especially because I am not sure about how CPU
acts when the machin is a XDM server.

TIA,
	Jo

--s/l3CgOIzMHHjg/5