Subject: X11 on Solaris
To: None <port-sparc64@NetBSD.org>
From: Roman Duka <rduka@netctl.net>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 02/10/2006 03:18:13
Hi, I was having some performance issues with Sun's X11 implementation and GTK2
+-2.8.x applications. On OpenSolaris forum I was told there was no Render
extension in most Xsun drivers.

I had exactly the same problem with NetBSD-3.0 on sparc64, but I think
NetBSD-current has Render extension. The hardware in question is creator3d
framebuffer. I was thinking about attempting to build Xorg on Sparc Solaris
from pkgsrc. Does anyone know if the Render extension is implemented in Xorg?
Or would it better to use XFree86? How much of a difference there is between
XFree86 in pkgsrc and in NetBSD's cvs tree?