Subject: Re: Ultra 2 multiprocessor kernel panic on boot
To: Jake Kupersmith <jakerosoft@gmail.com>
From: Michael-John Turner <mj@turner.org.za>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 02/08/2006 09:19:27
On Tue, Feb 07, 2006 at 06:39:30PM -0500, Jake Kupersmith wrote:
> Ok sorry, I see on the front page that SMP is not supported... Why is
> this not supported?  do linux/freebsd support smp on sparc64?  I would
> love to help test/contribute to this project I have a few MP
> ultrasparc's that I can test with.  If it's a simple matter of porting
> existing drivers then I wouldn't mind donating my time.

AFAIK, work is progressing on sparc64 SMP support, but it's not there yet.
Both Linux and FreeBSD support SMP on 64-bit SPARC, but the FreeBSD kernel
is sufficiently different that their code can't just be ported as is
(someone correct me if I'm wrong?).

-mj
--
Michael-John Turner | http://weblogs.turner.org.za/mj/