Subject: 802.1q tagging Ultra5
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: None <tbowers@jiffydo.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 02/01/2006 15:48:07
I have 2 Sun Ultra 5 boat anchors.  I wish to use these boxes as test rou=
ters for purposes of doing BGP and OSPF with my Cisco Lab.

1.)=09I=E2=80=99m having very hard time finding information on configurin=
g 802.1q tagging and Vlan interfaces on NetBSD.   Can someone help me fin=
d a man page or doc that explains this process?  I have been able to find=
 snippets that suggest a kernel mod is need.  I have no experience muckin=
g with the kernel.  I hope this is not necessary as I may need yet anothe=
r pointer to =E2=80=9Chow-to-tweak=E2=80=9D the kernel.
2.)=09Is anyone aware of a =E2=80=9Chow to=E2=80=9D  or best practice for=
 building a router using NetBSD.  Perhaps a document to suggest what to s=
trip out of the build?

Any Help would be appreciated, regards
Tracy L. Bowers