Subject: Re: LSI Logic MegaRAID SATA 150-4
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: Brian Hechinger <wonko@4amlunch.net>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 01/11/2006 14:41:11
On Wed, Jan 11, 2006 at 09:53:37AM +0100, Joel CARNAT wrote:

> It worked out of the box (since the right drivers were enabled) with
> various PC hardware I tried (in Ultra5 and Ultra10):
> - 3COM 905*
> - Adaptec SCSI2, Ultra160 and Ultra320

are you talking about the LSI MegaRAID card, or those cards?

> The only issue with hardware related to hard drive is : would I be able to
> boot from, or not. If the SCSI card I tried were not designed for Sun, I
> couldn't boot from them - I had to have the kernel on the internal IDE
> drive (with the SCSI driver) and then I could boot the rest of the system
> from the SCSI drive. I'm not sure whether it would act the same way with
> SATA controller.

i'm not expecting to be able to boot from this array (although that would be
nice) so that's mostly a non-issue.

-brian
--
"The reason I don't use Gnome: every single other window manager I know of is
very powerfully extensible, where you can switch actions to different mouse